Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lamp Love: Memories


This green and curvy number was snapped on one of my Georgia jaunts with my sister. There's a lot to like about this photo besides this lamp (it was one of a set). I like it because it shows a lamp to the left, a lamp right behind in the near background, and another three lamps in the far background. It was a cornucopia of second hand lighting! Over to the left background we have a pastel yellow-ware bowl waiting all by its lonesome, and a ceramic kitty surveying the whole scene with an air of pugnacious authority.

Best thing about this picture is not, um, pictured. It's a reminder of how much fun I have with my sister no matter what we're doing, whether it's stalking old lampshades in the wild or hiking a trail or drywalling (okay, that last part was not so fun. But it was more fun than doing it alone). Which is just proof that it's not so much what you do, as who you do it with. And my favorite person to do almost anything with is Dyan.




1 comment: