Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Painting My Garage, in a Series of Bad Cell Phone Photos

This has been done for awhile, but since I'm in the middle of a long streak of intense single parenting these days, I just haven't had time to blog. 

But ignore the mess. Ignore the weeds. Ignore (for at least a little while longer), the hideous features of that purple broken door and light fixture.

One more side of the garage is scraped and painted. No, I didn't exactly do this in the right order, and no, I don't really care. It was me managing my fear of heights. By procrastination, one of the other things I'm super-duper good at. Deal with it later. Tomorrow's another day. Fiddle dee dee. Until I can't stand to look at it anymore. 







It is clear in this last photo that I was losing daylight, and the last of summer. 


Next up is the door and light fixture. And as is usual around here, some other projects scattered around the place. Because nothing can happen all at once, start to finish, in a straight line. Normal would be abnormal around here. But for the foreseeable future, it's all about the paint. And more paint.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It looks so much better than the previous paint color. At least to me. Never been a big fan of the mauve.

      Delete
  2. Go, Laura, Go! As always, I'm amazed you get anything done. Scraping paint is just such a bitch of a job. As is single parenting. If the two things were circles in a Venn diagram, the only part that would overlap is the bitch part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted you to know that I really heart your Venn diagrams. Especially the bitch part.

      Delete