Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lamp Love Link: Deep in the Woods

It wasn't until I lived in Michigan that I gained an appreciation of cabin kitsch. And then it sorta hit me in an acorn/pinecone/camp crafts storm. I once even considered making one of those awesome popsicle stick lamps for Noah's bedroom. It never happened, but a girl can dream, can't she?

This lamp is all that I wanted the popsicle stick lamp to be and more:

A cypress lamp for sale on Etsy from ABetterTime.
It's got a woven splint shade and little built in cubby for a plant. Couldn't you just look at it all day? Also, the shop ABetterTime has loads of vintage goodies from clothing to Gene Autry postcards. I spent quite a bit of time looking around. You know how these things are. A girl starts out with vintage lamps and pretty soon she's looking at her other options too, like Mr. Autry and a pair of vintage Frye cowboy boots. You never know how these things will turn out, except in a country and western song.

I don't know how I got from this lamp to a possible honky-tonk heartbreak, but that's about how my week has gone. Crazy. I'll see you again soon with a garden update, and I promise to behave myself better next time.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know how those weeks are....and how those searches can get off on a tangent - happens to me all of the time! :) Sweet lamp though!

    ReplyDelete