Thursday, May 31, 2012

News and Updates from Little List Week

I didn't plan on being gobsmacked by post job departure decompression. I had no idea how stressed out I was until I took a week off work between jobs......only to find I would have been better suited to regression hypnosis therapy and hot tea than a week of home improvement. 

I got through Wednesday (yesterday) only to find myself on the sofa for the rest of the day by 3 p.m. So I wrote this blog post instead of soldiering through.

Ups? I found my home office space again. And it's looking good. I added a sewing project onto my list, which involved some cafe curtains for the window to replace a pair of broken-down shutters. A peek until I blog about it later: 



I also took advantage of Memorial Day sales as a reward for all that cleaning. I'll be getting this rug for the space too, and I'm thrilled about all the colors. 



I also found four boxes of items for a yard sale, one box for consignment, one box for Goodwill, and one big bag for the trash. 

And, BREAKING NEWS: I'm getting my first floor bathroom floor done! Readers may remember the state I've been living in for some time: 


Yup. Broken chunks of old (cool, but totally destroyed) asbestos flooring. 

I've just wanted a temporary, inexpensive vinyl tile "fix" to get us a couple of years down the road to when I have more money and time for a full bathroom remodel; but it's never a good time to have your toilet removed and......well. You get the picture. My neighbor works in the trades and picks up extra jobs for a reasonable fee for family, friends and neighbors. This week is my turn!

Downs? All my other sewing projects didn't even get started. Clearly I need to rethink reality on sewing projects. A couple of skirts, some pillows, AND a set of curtains? Who do I think I am? 

Thursday is the day for getting the bedroom alcove ceiling repainted (properly, this time), and Friday is gardening day. Let's hope I gain momentum as the week draws to an end! 




3 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhh, SO excited to see what your new bathroom floor will be! Sounds like you have a lot on you plate this week I wish you all the momentum in the world to get it all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love that rug!

    It sounds to me like you still got quite a bit done, even if you didn't get to everything you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete