Friday, May 11, 2012

Why We Need Cake

Mostly, I favor home made. If I want a cake, I'll go through my recipe box and pull out a family classic, and whip me up something.

Other times, one needs instant gratification. The sort of cheer that comes from buttercream roses in a bakery box, that easy elation of just picking it out of the refrigerator case and bringing it home to excited kids, ta-DAH! Look what I did! Just because I wanted cake! And cake for you too!

In this case, how about buttercream pop-art daisies?


It looks very cheerful, doesn't it? Kind of the way I feel.

I feel cheerful because I just got a new job. One that includes better pay. One that includes better hours, and no more evening hours that take me away from my precious, precious babies. One that means more time to create rather than just hurry, hurry all the time.

I'm grateful for the new opportunities. Ready to celebrate new-found time with my family. Excited about the future. And that's why we need cake.

3 comments:

  1. What GREAT news!!! Congrats to you, I am so happy for you! That cake is fabulous looking and it looks SO good it makes me want to lick my screen right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't tell you how relieved I am to make this career change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cake! Congratulations on the new job ~ hope you will love it!

    ReplyDelete