Friday, July 13, 2012

Quick and Easy Wall Art



I found this super simple display idea at Kudzu, the antique and home decor store in Decatur, Georgia. While the vendor kept it simple with the brown office-issue clipboards to complement the colors in the seashell botanical prints, you could go all sorts of directions with this. Vintage clipboards or new ones covered in vintage wallpaper scraps to tie in with the theme of the art, or the colors of the room. Spray-painted in bright colors to complement that ever-rotating display of kid's art. You could display vintage fabric swatches, advertising, old greeting cards, even doll clothes or pieces of lace with this concept. If you're the type of person who likes to change things up a lot, this might be the way to go!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Seriously - that IS a really good idea! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have something similar over my scrapbook desk, an oversized clipboard where I can display one of my scrapbook layouts. I hadn't thought about doing the same thing with other pictures or photos, though ~ cool idea!

    ReplyDelete