Friday, September 6, 2013

Remember Me? I Used to Write a Blog Around Here.

Hi.

I think I may need to reintroduce myself. I'm Laura. I used to write this blog. I still do, at least today.

What's been going on?

I've moved my oldest (across town, admittedly) to college. The cell phone photo is probably so bad because the relative humidity that day was about 1342 percent. In an un-air conditioned dormitory.


I've been weirdly sad. And also glad that he's going to school in town, so I can see him more often than most parents of college students get to do. I'm conflicted about that. Sad and grateful at the same time is a sort of jumpy stomach sort of feeling.

I bought a big-ass stack of paint cans.


No, that's not even for the entire house.

DIY warrior weekends:


The suck, it goes on forever.


I have been scraping, sanding, and caulking approximately since Truman left the White House. Or at least it feels that way.


It's hot here; my grass died.

It's hot here; I ran another 5K; I felt like dying.


Better (longer, more grammatical) posts soon.

2 comments:

  1. I used to write a blog, too. And I don't even have an endless house painting project and a kid leaving for college to explain the post drought. Go, Laura, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone that can run a 5K, scrape and sand a house in this horrible heat AND take their boy off to school all in one Summer is a heroine in my book. And wow, why don't the dorms have air? That kind of freaks my freak.

    ReplyDelete