Monday, July 30, 2012

A Summer Green Scarf

Are they leaves? Or limes? Maybe lime leaves?
I've never considered myself much of a scarf person. I think it's because I was a teen in the 80's. Scarves in loud pastels and lurex threads hit the back of the dark closet of shame along with too much eyeliner (on both women AND men), lace fingerless gloves, leg warmers, and other fashion disasters of that era. 


Until now. I've recently had passed down to me a few scarves from the 50s and 60s, and I'm finding I love them for scooping up hair on bad hair days or adding a bit of color to my face when I've hit the brown or black too hard with my major wardrobe pieces (one of my most common fashion faux pas in the winter). 

This one pictured above arrived in the mail last week from Etsy seller Vintage View. I love all the different summery greens in the leafy, citrusy graphic pattern.

Another great thing? The seller popped a freebie in the mailer, an old costume brooch with a broken clasp. I don't know what I'm doing with it yet, but it might be great to re-purpose for the pocket of a home made purse or a similar project. Such a neato surprise, I think, but I'm rather raccoon-like in my tendencies--I like shiny stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment