Friday, May 10, 2013

Lamp Love: Seattle Finds


I am gradually getting around to all the little bits and pieces we picked up during our Seattle trip. It's fun to revisit that way when March seems already a distant memory. And since I haven't done a Lamp Love post in ages, I thought it was a good time to roll out this photo I snapped at the Seattle Antiques Market.

I've loved that place for a long time, though we didn't spend much time in it this trip. Grant is a history buff but doesn't necessarily share my love of old things. However, it had enough military antiques that he was willing to look a few minutes, so we ducked in to check it out.

These lamps stood out to me as really different from the usual in glass/crystal lamps, which tend to be a bit foofy and feminine. I know, because I have a boudoir set that's definitely in that camp. But these have classy, kind of Art Deco lines that sparkle but aren't fussy. I could definitely see these in a formal living room. And just as a bonus, check out those matching green mantel vases in the background. Sweet!

I'll be back sooner rather than later with another lamp link because (hides face in shame) I bought another set of lamps for the house. I'll let you in on the what and where as soon as I settle on a few other corresponding details.

In the mean time we're getting set up for a weekend of either a) spreading mulch or b) working on the bathroom, depending on sunshine or rain. I never know what to count on any more. It's been that kind of spring.

What's up for you this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not usually much of one for glass/crystal lamps, either--but I agree that these aren't too fussy. I will never in a million years have a room that those would fit into, but I like them.

    Hope you're getting to do some mulch spreading--that sounds way more fun than bathroom work. We are supposed to have sun today, so we should finally be getting our vegetable garden planted! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really windy today, but yes, we are mulching. I'm having one of those weekends where I feel like I'm going a dozen directions at once, but we're hoping by Sunday night there's progress. Good luck and green thumbs with your veggies!

      Delete