Friday, June 13, 2014

More Garden Update, 2014


Summer is here! Today was one of those delicious days, and we spent it picnicking at the park for lunch and grilling on the patio for dinner. It's been so nice to be done with school and winter and heavy clothing, socks and homework.

While I've been spending my last week painting, I don't have things ready to commit to blog yet, so if readers can stand one more garden update with not-so-great cell phone photos, I'm going shove some more flowers under noses. There's a little surprise at the end of the post.


You can't see it in this photo, but the bees were very happy to have penstemon and salvia. Go bees!

And below is some Missouri evening primrose:


The alliums are done, but the seed heads are interesting: 


The lilies are about ready to go (sorry for the lovely background of my van): 


And then over here there's some pink yarrow and white veronica: 


And here's the surprise: little robin birdies, tucked under the eave of my garage. Happy summer! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, those birdies! And your flowers look so lush. Glad you have made it to summer. It's so nice to have a break from my kids' school schedules. And to be warm. Looking forward to seeing your painting progress.

    ReplyDelete