Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bedroom Renovation Updates: Coming Soon

Quit monkeying around.
After a couple of weeks grabbing 15 minutes here and an hour there to get little home improvement things done, I'm close to being able to show my blog readers the progress. I need to hang a blind and do one last spray paint job, and I'll be ready to take some photos!

Mind you, the phrase "one last spray paint job" with me is a thing fraught with meaning. Anything involving spray paint OR spray adhesive with me is better translated into, "watch Laura as she turns a simple task into an alligator-wrestling melee, only with inanimate objects."

I confess I meant to have the twins room upstairs ready to go for a blog post sooner. Last week I hung the last of the art work, cleaned and tidied, vacuumed, and took photos. But it was a cloudy dark day, I admit I was in a rotten mood over half a dozen petty things and the results were bad. I had to discard most of the photos. I can't tell you how much I wish I was a better photographer. The photo above is one of them that made the cut. D'awwwww, cute monkey!

I'll also have some photos from my 16-year-old son's room. For a guy who'd just as soon make do with an army cot in the corner and a laundry basket of (sorta) clean clothes in the other, he's been remarkably patient with all this painting and banging around in his room. Now I'll have to get him to put his socks away just to take photos.

Also recent/coming up:

I made some changes to the blog's appearance to make it more readable, clean-looking, and attractive. I chose a typeface that has a rounded, sans serif, Art Deco look to it, and I like it a lot. I'm still trying to figure out a background that works for me. The blog's graphic design is very much a work in progress, and suggestions are welcome.

I'll share some recent finds from research about gardening, and things I've figured out from poking around in my front and back yard. Let's get ready for mud-pie season!

We'll get take a look at progress on my kitchen (thank you, Mom!) and start the painting. After about 3 months staring at a paint chips, I think I'm ready.

YeaY for progress! Check back soon!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    I noticed the new font right away ~ looks good! (Not that the old one didn't.)

    By the way, every time I read your blog, I have to smile at your sister's painting of the house ~ it looks so cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete